It is common for to accidentally drop something off a boat or a dock – or even while diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and tried to find it you know how difficult it can be. The Search and Recovery course demonstrates effective methods to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. Additionally, once located, some items – especially large objects – require special skills to bring them to the surface. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum Age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Search and Recovery Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Navigation – Compass and Natural
- Limited visibility diving
- Search techniques
- Salvage techniques
How do I take this course?
- Contact us at KY Diver and we will schedule your Search and Recovery training dives.
- Course Cost: $200 for the standard course. Additional costs dependent on dive destination.