The SDI Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) course is our most popular specialty scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
If you’re a currently certified Open Water Diver diver, or are currently enrolled in an Open Water course, you can enroll in the SDI Enriched Air Diver Specialty course.
What will I learn?
- Physiology of using different breathing gas mixtures and equipment considerations for using nitrox
- How to safely use nitrox mixtures up to 40 percent with a dive computer
- Advantages and disadvantages of utilizing nitrox mixtures, how to analyze a nitrox mixture
Most modern scuba equipment and dive computers can be used with enriched air, but your SDI Instructor will let you know if your gear meets manufacturer recommendations and local requirements.
However, scuba tanks must meet oxygen service standards and be dedicated for use with enriched air. You’ll practice using oxygen analyzers and special cylinder decals. Your instructor will explain other equipment you may need to enjoy enriched air diving.
How do I take this course?
- Contact us at KY Diver and we will get you started with on-line learning and schedule an optional Nitrox training dive.
- Course Cost: $139 for E-Learning Course, Optional Nitrox Training dive cost is dependent on destination.